Rated 4 out of 5 by 1
Rated 4 out of 5 by CountryFrenchGal Small, But Lovely
The plates are simply beautiful!
Pros: (1) The appearance: the plates are a very sophisticated grayish-blue (not as bright as they looked in the photos) and the embossed roosters are pronounced. The edges are beautiful as well.
(2) They are a good weight, considering the small size.
(3) The quality is good; I expect them to last. I bought them for everyday use, and they're holding up nicely, so far.
Cons: (1) The plates are quite flat, so they aren't the best choice for larger salads with runny dressing
(2) The embossed roosters do get in the way when trying to cut food with a knife and fork.
(3) There are a few tiny spots where the paint and/or glaze doesn't entirely cover the plates, but these spots are very small and barely noticeable.
(4) The plates are quite small. The measurement is larger if you include the pointy corners on the plate; but the actual usable diameter is 7-7/8 inches.
Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, and ecstatic about Kirkland's low prices! These dishes are sold as sets elsewhere, but for WAAAY higher prices! Finding them here at these prices was a blessing!
October 19, 2014