Stores Re-opening & Curbside Pickup
We are pleased to announce that many stores are re-opened for full business (Monday through Saturday 11am – 7pm & Sunday 11am – 6pm). See full list below.
The health and safety of our customers and employees are our top priority. We are providing our employees with masks and gloves and will be sanitizing high-touch points in our stores—including door handles, the checkout counter, and restrooms—at least every 30 minutes. We are also following all local government mandates to limit the number of customers allowed in our store at any given time and we are encouraging customers to maintain 6 ft. social distancing space while shopping or checking out.
We are also offering contactless curbside pickup at Most stores.
How It Works:
- Choose "Free Pickup in Store" on your item and then complete your order.
- Wait for your "Ready for Pickup" email to let you know when your order is ready and you can head to the store.
- Pull up curbside between 11 AM and 3 PM 7 days a week. Please note: Furniture items will be available for pickup only on Saturdays between 11 AM and 3 PM.
- When you arrive to pick up your order, call the store to let them know you’re there.
- Provide the Store Associate with your name and order number along with the color and make of your vehicle.
- While the Store Associate is preparing your order, please prepare your vehicle for the order to be loaded. This could include opening your trunk or backseat door and moving any objects that might prevent a contact-free loading process.
- Once your order is prepared, we’ll bring it out to your vehicle and load it! Easy and contactless!
The following stores are open for curbside-only or are fully re-opened:
When it comes to decorative home accents, lanterns truly shine. A versatile lighting solution that can be used in a variety of ways, lanterns can provide light for a space as big as an entire room or as small as a single step. It's all in how you use them. At Kirkland's, we have plenty of ideas on how to use a lantern in your home, including some you may have never considered!
Traditionally, lanterns are hung from the wall, suspended from the ceiling, or simply placed on the floor of a room as a secondary or decorative light source. But they can be so much more than that! Allow us to enlighten you:
Alternative Use #1: Dining Table Centerpiece
Looking for a table accent that perfectly captures everything you love about fall? Grab a candle or three, a window pane candle lantern, and a bit of burlap ribbon for a rustic centerpiece that will brighten up any table with a warm, welcoming glow. Accent it with a bit of fall floral for an extra touch of fall color. This one is great for fans of vintage farmhouse decor, a look popular in kitchens and dining rooms today.
Alternative Use #2: Fireplace Interior
Decorating your hearth with a fireplace candelabra is a hot decor trend at the moment, so let's take it a step further. How about enclosing those candles within a lantern? A group of lanterns arranged inside a fireplace makes for an interesting look in your living room, as well as an illuminating conversation piece.
Alternative Use #3: Outdoor Accent Lighting
Do you have a garden that disappears when the sun goes down? Maybe some problematic steps on your back porch? Use lanterns to accent those outdoor steps and provide a light unto your guests' path. Outdoor lanterns are more attractive than other types of outdoor lighting, and the ambiance they create can change the look and feel of an entire landscaping project. And for those worried about regularly changing out candles, Kirkland's offers a wide variety of LED lanterns and LED candles that provide a realistic flicker without the hassle of lighting, blowing out, and relighting.
Alternative Use #4: Terrarium
For something really different, forego the candle entirely and put something else inside the lantern: plants. Perfect for the shabby chic look, oversized glass lanterns make excellent terrariums. Simply open it up and put a small, potted plant or an arrangement of artificial flowers or plants inside. A layer of moss on the lantern's floor adds a natural and colorful decorative touch.
And there you have it. With their multitude of uses and their stylish execution, lanterns definitely earn their place as a Kirkland's Multitasker.