Gift wrapping is always tricky for me. Once I have found the perfect gift for someone, I can never find pre-made wrapping paper, bows or bags that I like. And when I do find ones that I like, they are just too expensive (especially since most recipients, including myself, throw the wrapping away after opening the gift).
SO, we sought out a few options that could be completed with items that you may already have around your home or office. And if you don’t have them, they can all be found at your local crafts store (for much less than traditional gift wrapping and packaging options)!
- Scotch tape
- Ribbon (any color and size that you want, get creative!)
- Craft paper
- Sheet music
- Magazine pages (perfect for the fashionista in your life)
- Tea towels (perfect for wrapping wine bottles – two gifts in one!)
- Stamps (for personalization)
- Old maps
- Find box to fit gift (don’t worry about what it looks like since you will be covering it!)
- Cover box with craft paper (or material of your choice)
- Measure and cut ribbon to tie around gift
- Add gift tag to ribbon or stamp name on craft paper
Voila! Gift wrapping done.
How do you plan to wrap your gifts this holiday season? Tell us in the comments section below!