Mason jar cookies are easy (and affordable) to make, easy to package, and easy to take to any holiday party as a hostess gift. You can even make a handful ahead of time and keep them in your car in case you need a last-minute gift or contribution to a bake sale! Here’s how you whip up a cute mason jar cookie, followed by some of our favorite mason jar cookie recipes!
How to Make a Mason Jar Cookie
- 1 liter sized mason jars
- your favorite cookie recipe
- medium sized bowl
- gift tags/cards
- permanent marker or pen
- In a medium sized bowl, measure out your recipe’s flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In your 1 liter sized mason jar, layer cookie ingredients in order given, starting with the brown sugar and ending with the flour. Make sure to pack all ingredients into the jar, as it will be a tight fit. Add flour mixture last.
- Attach instructions for finishing the recipe onto the jar with pretty holiday ribbon!
Our Favorite Mason Jar Cookie Recipes
- Loraee Lewis’s Christmas Girlfriend Cookies in a Jar
- Cul de Sac Cool’s Toffee Blondies in a Jar
- mrs teacher mama’s Cowgirl Cookies in a Jar
- Heart Handmade’s easy Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe? Share a link to the recipe in a comment below! We’d love to add it to this list!