Making a wreath doesn’t have to be expensive or over-the-top! My goal this year was to create a wreath that added holiday cheer but was still simple enough to go with my other decor. The wreath that I created is perfect for my home because it is stylish enough to hang inside (on the mantle, a bookcase, an interior window, etc.) but is also durable enough to hang outside on my front porch.
DIY Boxwood Wreath Supplies
- Faux greenery (for this wreath, I recommend thinner greenery; anything too thick will change the look)
- Wired twine
- Thin brown burlap spool (for tying)
- Burlap ribbon
How to DIY a Boxwood Wreath
- Assemble your supplies.
- Form an oval with the wired twine, and secure in a knot at the top. (Don’t worry if it’s not perfect. You’re going to cover this part with a burlap ribbon bow.)
- Wrap the greenery around the twine – use as much or as little as you like! Be sure to leave some of the twine showing at the top on both sides of the oval.
- Secure the greenery with the burlap spool ribbon.
- Hang the wreath on your bookcase or front door.
Enjoy! And let me know; how do you decorate your door for the holidays?
Share pictures of your version of this wreath with us below! We’d love to see how you made this wreath just as unique as your home.