As a way to wind down for the holiday, we wanted to share some of our favorite Christmas traditions with you!
What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
- Emily – ELF!
- Carolyn – Tie! How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (animated version) and Christmas Vacation
- Allison – The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Lauren – A Christmas Story
What’s your favorite Christmas dessert?
- Emily – Any kind of homemade Christmas cookie
- Carolyn – Bread of any kind: banana nut, zucchini, etc.
- Allison – Anything with chocolate: hot chocolate, chocolate-covered pretzels, cake… anything.
- Lauren – Grandma’s Homemade Christmas Cookies – especially her pizzelles!
What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
- Emily – Seeing all of the lights around Austin
- Carolyn – My grandmother passed away on Christmas Eve in 2000. In her memory, my entire family visits her grave. We spend a few minutes talking about what’s happened to us in the past year. It’s wonderful to share our stories with each other and her, even though she’s not with us.
- Allison – Seeing a Christmas Eve movie with my family. It can be tricky to find a movie we’ll all enjoy, but once we have popcorn we’re all happy.
- Lauren – On Christmas Eve, everyone gets together and we play a high stakes game of Tripoly.
What’s your favorite Christmas song?
- Emily – “All I want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey
- Carolyn – “Silent Night” by Stevie Nicks
- Allison – “Last Christmas” by Jimmy Eat World
- Lauren – “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
Winter: Love it or leave it?
- Emily – Love the holidays, but LEAVE the cold!!
- Carolyn – I’m from the Midwest where winter is a way of life; it’s a love/hate relationship. I’d like to have a little snow for just one day.
- Allison – Love it! Winter is my favorite season!
- Lauren – Love it! Bring on the boots and scarves!
We want to know, what are your favorite Christmas traditions? Share your thoughts with us!