Mother’s Day- it’s the one day of the year where mom duties are relieved and the whole day is focused on how wonderful the mother figure in your life truly is. It’s the day where that special lady doesn’t have to lift a finger and cooking and cleaning are out of the question. You might be wondering which fairy tale I am living, right? As it often seems, Mother’s Day requires more work from mom than anyone else and is far from being “Easy as 1-2-3” to prepare. Well, friends, that isn’t the case this year. I am here to help you, well, more so your children and husband, out with a few tips that even us “kids” can do to make YOUR Mother’s Day truly about YOU, tips that are easy as 1-2-3! (This is the part where you tell your children and husband to start reading!)
The “easy as 1-2-3 Mother’s Day” starts with
Tip #1- Relieve her of her cooking duties and do the cooking for once! Here’s how:
- Plan your menu. What is her favorite meal or item to eat? If she is like most moms, she may just suggest whatever you can cook. If this is the case remember to select a protein, vegetable and carbohydrate.
- Go to the grocery store the day before so that everything is in place when it is time to cook. Also, if there is anything that can be cooked in advance, this is the day to do it!
- Time to cook!
Tip # 2- Food always tastes so much better with a pretty tablescape! Note: Don’t stress about this part; let everyone play a part and remember these few easy steps.
- Use a neutral backdrop or tablecloth. This allows for more freedom with the accent color options. Speaking of color options- Choose two or three colors that will coordinate with your dinnerware.
- Remember to layer. Layer with a placemat then build up with a charger, dinner plate, salad plate and napkin. A fun way to add color to the table is with the placemat or charger.
- Have fun with the accents and centerpiece by adding fun knick knacks to accessorize the table. Also, utilize the outdoors and natural greenery and flowers.
This tablescape by Back Porch Musings can be recreated in 3 easy steps with these products: 1. Bianca Medallion 16-pc. Dinner Set: $79.99 2. White Sweet Olive Serving Bowl: $14.99 & White Garden Hydrangea Bush: $19.99 3. Gold Ceramic Heart Cutout Lantern: $14.99 & Citrine Iris Goblet: $8.99
Tip # 3- Finish your mom duties and clean the kitchen for her! (I don’t think you need an explanation for this)
Aside from all of the tips and details, the most important thing to remember is to make this day all about that special lady in your life and truly thank her for all she has done!
Happy Mother’s Day